2016年4月18日 星期一

Switzerland: Post Card

Jed D' Eau
image source: makemytrip


Dear Aili,

I'm in Geneva, Switzerland right now with Kelly, and this would be our last destination before we come back. This is a picture of the Jed D' Eau, which translates into 'water jet' from French. The reason for the French name is because Switzerland neighbors countries like France, Germany, and Italy, so it absorbs a lot of the nearby cultures. This fountain is one of the tallest in the world, and 500 liters of water can be pumped to a maximum height of 140 meters. Amazing, right? The speed can also be up to 200 km/h! You could also see a rainbow in the daylight sometimes, and when we went there, some water splashed onto us because of the sudden change of wind.

The structure was originally built in 1886, and it was used to control and release excess pressure from La Coulouvreniere, a hydroelectricity plant. But later on it became a landmark of the city, and was moved to the middle of the lake. According to a brochure we took today, it said that the fountain is the "symbol of strength, ambition, and vitality of Geneva and Switzerland". It really is though, I really wish you were there to see it with us!

Love,

Annie (and Kelly) 











3 則留言:

  1. Hi, Kelly and Annie! I think you guys have a very nice format for the post card, and all the pictures included make me want to visit each country. In particular, I enjoyed the Switzerland and Ukraine post card. Good job! By the way, I like the clock included in the sidebar of your blog. :)

    回覆刪除
  2. Good job!! This postcard was amazing in the way that many pieces of information were added into perfectly structured paragraphs. We really can´t find any flaws, so :)

    回覆刪除
  3. I really enjoyed this postcard! It has nice details and a beautiful picture made me want to go to Switzerland.Good job!

    回覆刪除